Andrew is a qualified Chartered Accountant who trained with BDO and has many years of senior financial experience, across diverse industries. Before joining the CFO Centre in Australia, he was a part-time Financial Director at the FD Centre in South Africa, the sister company of the CFO Centre. His clients’ industries included laser cutting, automotive products, manufacturing and investment relations services.
Prior to the FD Centre, he held a number of positions in Johannesburg, South Africa. These included
- CFO of an FMCG company
- Divisional CFO at the House of Busby (the largest fashion clothing wholesaler & retailer in SA, whose brands include Guess & Nine West)
- Finance Manager at Gem Diamonds, a diamond mining company listed in London and
- Financial Manager at Air Products, a manufacturing company listed in New York.
Andrew has managed large finance departments and his experience has covered the full spectrum of financial reporting, systems implementations, process improvements, debt and capital raising and financial modelling.
Some of his key capabilities are:
- Profit analysis and improvements
- Cash flow planning and improvements
- Enhanced reporting using dashboards and BI
- Risk reviews and risk reduction
- Planning business growth and financing initiatives