Brendan is an experienced and commercially astute CPA qualified CFO with a strong corporate focus in medium and large Australian and overseas organisations. Experience has been achieved predominately within both Australian and Papua New Guinea roles in organisations experiencing significant change (including listing and corporate due diligence frameworks required on the ASX), significant growth and challenging market conditions.
Having held senior Finance Executive positions including Company Secretary and executive board positions in a number of organisations, Brendan understands the challenges and gaps that occur concerning strategy setting, regulatory governance and risk in addition to key external and internal stakeholder engagement. Brendan also understands and recognises these challenges with rapidly expanding and changing economic environments and how value adding activities especially with reporting control frameworks are critical in being able to quickly respond to these challenges.
Brendan is skilled in identifying opportunities in significantly improving performance and aligning risk frameworks to financial sustainability.
Brendan has worked closely with Boards of large Multi-national, Government ministerial committees (PNG), CEO’s and Senior Management in developing strategic plans, governance frameworks including significant improvements in reporting and business restructuring. Brendan is proficient and methodical in critically analysing business issues, risk identification and building productive relationships both internal and with key external stakeholders.
Key Industry Exposure:
- Resources and Mining (Centaur Resources)
- Service (Labor Supply) (Rubicor Group)
- Fast moving Consumer Goods (Coca Cola Amatil PNG)
- Power Generation and distribution, retail (PNG Power)
- Banking: Corporate and Retail (Westpac Banking Corporation: Pacific Banking and PNG)
- Transport Services (Powerlift)
- Mining Services and finance (Komatsu Australia)
- Meat Wholesale and small goods manufacture and distribution
Brendan key capabilities and influences:
- Strategy Setting, Planning and Business Risk analysis
- Risk management and Corporate Governance controls development, reviews and contingency plans
- Relationship building and management with key stakeholders. (Funding Banks, Investors and Government)
- Treasury Management (Foreign Exchange and Interest exposure Management), Credit control and Working Capital cash flow management
- Financial Reporting and Controls, accounting policy framework setting and development
- Technology and Business Information frameworks (Sap, Oracle, Microsoft Dynamics) and executive performance management reporting
- Infrastructure project and Procurement reviews, inventory, analysis, Change and value add projects, Supply Chain and route to market service agreements.
- People Management and development skills across different cultures