David Kett – Regional Director Newcastle / Hunter Valley
David is an experienced, versatile finance, business services and corporate operations director with strong performance and achievement in delivering sustainable business growth.
Having held senior finance and accounting, corporate services and strategy roles at a significant Hunter based financial institution and a national not for profit organisation, David has extensive experience leading financial, investment, risk, regulatory and governance functions including the support and development of finance and corporate services professionals.
This included leadership of significant corporate and business services functions including People and Development, Payroll, IT, Property, Facilities and Asset Management, Motor Vehicle Fleet, Administration, Transaction and Payments and Corporate Security.
David has wide ranging experience in small and medium business lending and funding requirements and providing high levels of customer satisfaction to clients to ensure their financial and business objectives are met.
As the CFO Centre Regional Director in Newcastle and the Hunter Valley, David leads a team of finance professionals who provide our clients with effective, time saving and profitable financial management advice and support enabling them to grow their businesses in a sustainable balanced way.
David’s key capabilities
- Leadership of Finance, Treasury, Risk, Compliance and Governance functions – management and statutory accounting, Executive and Board financial reporting, business centre financial support, balance sheet and investment management, revenue and cost centre optimisation, budget planning and forecasting;
- Executive and Board level strategic planning development and successful and sustained operational plan execution;
- Board, Audit, Corporate Governance and Compliance Committees support.
- Extensive exposure to regulatory, government and policy bodies and requirements;
- Extensive exposure in developing and implementing enterprise wide risk management frameworks and supporting policies and procedures;
- Significant contract, supplier management and procurement operations;
- Project Steering Committee leadership and support – determining project resourcing, prioritisation, scheduling and funding;
- Business transformation – Process and systems enhancement and efficiency implementations – Finance, Administration, Payments, IT, Lending and Settlement services.