David King, Country Leader – East Coast
David is a proven senior executive who enjoys playing a pivotal role in advising and influencing the direction and success of dynamic organisations. With a strategic focus and strong financial, leadership and people management skills, he thrives on delivering tangible results for clients.
David is a Newcastle-based CFO with extensive experience gained in both Sydney and the Hunter region in a variety of industries, including manufacturing, industrial & property services, as well as in professional services. He has enjoyed various senior roles that have all encompassed financial & people management, strategy, risk management, business development, IT and HR.
David adds value to an organisation by:
- aligning the back-office support functions with the needs of the wider business so as to achieve the organisation’s strategic goals;
- extracting efficiency gains and cost-savings via the review and/or implementation of improved systems and processes;
- improving the decision-making capabilities of Management and the Board through the delivery of timely and accurate reporting;
- minimizing risk to both the organisation and its officers;
- improving cashflow via effective working capital initiatives; and
- building long-term relationships and becoming a trusted advisor & confidant.
Whilst David is a Chartered Accountant who enjoys making sense of the numbers, he also has excellent people & communication skills to effectively collaborate with all levels of staff & external stakeholders.
Areas of Expertise;
- Business turn-around
- Team structuring
- Risk management
- System implementation
- Mergers & Acquisitions
- Cashflow & working capital management
- Financing & treasury
- Change agent
- Business health checks
- Optimizing back-office operations
- Enhancing system & reporting capabilities
- Staff up-skilling & mentoring
- Implementation of risk management frameworks
- Effective budgeting & forecasting capabilities
- Unlocking efficiency gains and cost savings
- Strategy setting and monitoring frameworks