John Paterson is a strategically minded and commercially focused qualified Chartered Accountant (FCA). He has over 25 years of senior and executive level professional experience, initially with Deloitte followed by an international career in major global corporations.
John has extensive experience in Professional Services, Financial Services, and the NFP sector. And more recently John has worked closely with a number of private companies in the scale up phase of their development. In addition to financial management, several roles have included executive responsibility for strategy, risk management, IT, programme office, risk & compliance, and facilities.
In his career-to-date, John has acquired invaluable knowledge and experience of the challenges and opportunities facing both large and small businesses in sales, operational, regulatory and financial areas. His excellent people and communication skills ensure he works collaboratively with senior executives, staff, Boards and external stakeholders.
John’s areas of expertise include:
- Developing and implementing business growth strategies
- Advanced budgeting and forecasting methodologies
- Improving Business intelligence
- Working capital management and cash flow improvement
- Acquisition due diligence and integration of new business entities
- Large scale restructuring following M&A activity
- Change management
- Developing leadership and mentoring staff and team structuring
- Process review and re-engineering
- Development and implementation of policies & procedures