Mark is an experienced financial executive with significant track record in Corporate roles and extensive Governance experience in both the not-for-profit and for-profit sectors. Mark has held senior Financial roles in New Zealand including more recently the Noel Leeming Group and The Warehouse, both significant retail businesses. His responsibilities have included the core Finance function and through his career he has managed Human Resources, Technology, B2B Commercial Sales and Business Analytics teams.
Mark is a Fellow of Chartered Accountants Australia and New Zealand and was a member of its Trans-Tasman Corporate Sector Advisory Group. He is a Chartered Member of the NZ Institute of Directors and has participated on various panels, with particular focus on Governance in the not-for-profit sector and reporting to the Board. He is currently Chair of the Ronald McDonald House Charities NZ Trust and Deputy Chair of the St Kentigern Trust Board (the largest Independent School Trust in NZ), along with being an independent Director on several Commercial Boards (including currently Chair of one of them).
His involvement in the not-for-profit sector has been recognised through Life Membership of the Child Cancer Foundation (Past Chairman), CanTeen (one of 3 Founders) and Rotaract, as well as being a recipient of a Rotary International Paul Harris Fellowship.
Mark has experience across a number of sectors, including Retail, Distribution, Finance, Insurance, Manufacturing, Property and Corporate Services, both in NZ and offshore.
Mark describes his style as engaging, energetic and authentic.
Mark’s key capabilities include;
- Corporate Governance, including Internal Control Frameworks and Improved Board Reporting
- Coaching for stakeholders – Financial and non-Financial at all levels
- Reshaping the Finance function to be fit for purpose, including leading Process Improvement initiatives and assessing capability
- Establishing Decision Support and Finance Business Partnering programs to better support businesses
- Lead either buy or sell processes for businesses, including establishing level of readiness for sale
- Working with stakeholders on Growth strategies or strategies in response to significant disruption
- Developing and implementing turnaround strategies for businesses is distress