With more than 20 years’ corporate finance, banking, treasury and accounting experience, Paul Averay is an innovative and commercially savvy business leader with a comprehensive understanding of the SME business sector. Paul’s experience has seen him work across multiple industries including agriculture, horticulture, education, professional services, manufacturing, FMCG retailing, wholesale distribution and includes extensively working with companies with an international import or export focus.
Having held senior positions in several of South Australia’s leading financial institutions helping SME’s grow and develop their businesses, Paul understands the challenges and gaps that occur in managing growing businesses and the pressures placed on directors, team members, cash and time needed to succeed in this challenging environment. Paul is skilled in identifying innovative opportunities to significantly improve performance and financial sustainability.
A successful graduate of the AICD (Australian Institute of Company Directors) course, Paul has worked closely with Boards, CEO’s and executive teams to develop strategic, corporate governance and business transformation plans focusing on improving organizational management and reporting. Paul is proficient at critically analysing problems, identifying risks and benefits, building productive relationships, both internally and externally, and working collaboratively to achieve workable solutions, ensuring the best possible outcomes for all involved.
Paul’s key capabilities:
- Building strong business relationships across all stakeholders
- Cash flow and resource management with a clear focus on improving business performance
- Ongoing implementation of business improvement and strategic plans
- Strong corporate governance and compliance centred approach matched with a focus on commercially innovative outcomes
- Strategic and operational planning, financial risk management and cost benefit analysis
- Budget preparation and forecasting, Board and management financial analysis and corporate services reporting
- Business transition planning