Paul Gunson is a level-headed social Chartered Accountant, who seeks to “make a difference” within businesses.
Offering 20+years of strategic and commercial experience, Paul has worked as a CFO/Finance Director in a cross-section of industries, including IT, professional services, marketing and communication, retail fashion, agribusiness, building & construction, hospitality, tourism and sports entertainment.
Paul’s focus is to assist growing companies take those “next steps” in their evolution. He operates in partnership with the business to introduce and implement business processes that support financial integrity and timely management information. Resource productivity and performance management tools underpin a drive to generate sustained profit and cashflow. His people skills communicate a commercial and practical outlook to the important issues facing the business.
Paul is goal orientated and utilises his corporate renewal experience to achieve sustained change. A strong and extensive business/social network, a “hands on approach” and an up-to-date appreciation of the current digital capabilities on offer in the market, supports his ability to “make things happen” in line with business-critical timeframes.
Key capabilities include:
- Developing and implementing business growth strategies
- Profit and operational performance improvement
- Cashflow and working capital management
- Business turnaround
- Strategic and operational planning with financial risk and cost benefit analysis.
- Risk management and change processes
- Business acquisition and disposal
- Systems implementation
- Developing leadership, employee mentoring and team structuring