Paul Williamson is a qualified Chartered Accountant and Company Secretary with over 20 years of finance team leadership experience in Australia and the UK. Using a collaborative approach, including partnering closely with executive management, Paul has achieved improved business performance through constructive challenge, strong commercial acumen and continuous improvement. He has a deep skill base in all financial disciplines, risk management and governance.
Prior to joining The CFO Centre as a regional director in September 2016, Paul held positions as the most senior finance executive in the successful Perth based mutual bank, P&N and the ASX listed international retail finance company, Thinksmart Ltd. Paul was Chief Accountant for HBOS Australia/Bankwest, as part of the international bank HBOS plc and moved on to lead significant change projects across parts of HBOS, Bankwest, Commonwealth Bank and Bank of Queensland.
Paul trained as a Chartered Accountant with big four firm, KPMG, latterly specialising in assisting SME organisations. In addition to his tenure in the banking industry, Paul has experience in the investment, insurance, retirement village, land development, not-for-profit, professional services, emergency services, manufacturing and industrial services sectors.
Paul brings the ability to rapidly understand highly complex products, processes and structures and to work closely with executives and Boards to leverage these to add value.
Areas of Expertise;
- Finance team building and leadership – passionately creating and running high performance finance teams
- Broad governance experience including board directorships, audit committee, company secretarial, risk management, project portfolio management, external audit relationship management, ASX listed compliance.
- Acquisition, divestment, commercial and strategic decision support, including strategic funding.
- Performance management reporting providing improved financial understanding and decision making in operational and strategic matters, including forecasting, budgeting, and highly complex financial modelling
- Finance and HR Systems implementation, transition, optimisation and operation.
- Corporate taxation – selection and management of external providers and resolution of matters including IT, GST, FBT, CGT, and international.
- A deep skill base in all operational financial disciplines including: cash flow management, banking covenants, investments, financing, foreign currency, asset and liability management, credit risk, interest rate risk, hedging, control environment, actuarial liaison, financial services licences, technical accounting, activity based costing, cost efficiency, statutory reporting, regulatory reporting, reconciliations and securitisation