Richard is a strategic and commercially focused finance executive with demonstrated people, financial management, reporting, control, system development and change management skills across a number of industries, domestically & internationally. This is combined with consistent delivery of financial results, successful completion of significant change projects across Asia Pacific and an actively engaged member of executive management teams.
In the past, Richard has been involved in construction and development projects, accommodation and travel businesses, mining and exploration for both listed entities and family owned businesses.
Well qualified, collaborative and experienced results-oriented finance professional, FCPA, MBA with skills in financial reporting, budgeting and forecasting, financial modelling, M&A, identifying and implementing process improvement, auditing experience, compliance and cost saving opportunities with ASX experience.
His key strengths include the following:
- Technical Accounting, Audit, Finance, Budget, Financial Modelling and IT experience and skills totalling over 30 years;
- Strategic Business Planning including systems development, integration and maintenance;
- Leading, motivating and mentoring staff;
- Relationship building skills at all levels including regulatory authorities, banks, operational staff, clients, and Board of Directors;
- Operational efficiency focus – ability to identify, transform, develop and implement system strategies to improve business processes and results;
- Proficient in a variety of accounting and database systems;
- Cashflow and working capital management; and
- Business turn-around.
Richard is a keen sailor who has represented Australia in local and international regattas.