Richard is an experienced and commercially focused CFO and Executive Director who enjoys delivering tangible results for clients. He is a qualified Chartered Accountant with extensive Senior Executive experience across a number of industries including technical & industrial services, distribution, banking, finance and professional services. This has been gained working with organisations of varying shapes and sizes; from not-for-profit bodies to SMEs to ASX100 companies.
Richard’s expertise is in financial risk management & treasury, corporate governance, business performance measurement, corporate finance, debt & equity capital markets, investor relations, mergers & acquisitions, business integration and international expansion.
While he enjoys applying financial acumen to business decisions, Richard also has the strong strategic focus and people & communication skills required to engage effectively with staff, senior executives, owners, boards, financiers and other external stakeholders.
Key capabilities include:-
- Strategic planning for growth with financial risk and cost benefit analysis
- Corporate governance and risk management
- Relationship building and management with key funders and other investors
- Negotiating debt funding
- Capital raising and structuring
- Acquisition due diligence & negotiation and integration of new business entities
- Treasury, foreign currency and financial risk management
- Working capital management and cash flow improvement
- Business performance measurement, analysis and management
- Development of key performance indicators
- Budget preparation and forecasting
- Capital investment evaluation
- Management of audit and statutory compliance programs
- Mentoring staff and team structuring