Russell Colbourne is a Fellow of the Association of Chartered Certified Accountants (ACCA) and elected member representative for South Australia. He is an experienced and astute financial accountant and CFO; with many years’ experience in start-ups and SME’s. Russell has been responsible for the start-up of many successful businesses including Virgin Airlines in Australia, an air cargo company in the US and an inflight entertainment company in Europe. In his various roles he has been responsible for General Management and Administration, Sales & Marketing, Operations, Training and Client Services.
Russell is a graduate of the Australian Institute of Company Directors (GAICD) and has more than 25 years’ experience in business and as a director on the board of companies. He has been involved in setting and executing strategy as well as controlling budgets and driving cultural change.
Russell has worked in many different industries, including Aviation, Manufacturing, Transport, Health Education, Digital Media, Industrial Infrastructure, Commercial Services, Electrical Contracting and Law Firms. He therefore brings to his work as a CFO Principal, an amazing amount of diverse experience, knowledge, expertise and commitment.
Russell’s Key Capabilities:
- Vision, mission and strategy formulation, review and assessment
- Values and Cultural alignment
- CEO level planning, control, evaluation and general management
- Budget preparation, forecasting and analysis
- Financial and management accounting and reporting
- Business sustainability, compliance, governance and ethics
- SME startups, sustainable growth and mergers
- Risk management and change processes
- Business acquisition and disposal
- Systems implementation
- Developing leadership, employee mentoring and team structuring