Sam Modica, Principal – Western Australia
Sam is a finance professional with over 25 years local and international experience managing listed service companies in the oil and gas industry. Sam has also worked in the marine construction and rail transportation sectors.
Sam has been responsible for all aspects of financial reporting, taxation, governance, compliance, contract negotiation, supply chain, capital raising, debt structures and business strategy for new and established companies, operating in the following jurisdictions Australia, South East Asia, China, Africa, and Europe.
Having held senior positions in Australia and abroad, Sam is acutely aware of the challenges that business owners face in every day operation. He has been involved in multiple start ups around the world as well as guiding established companies in stablising and building shareholder wealth. Sam has a strong reputation for right tracking businesses and focusing on key stakeholder strategies.
Sam has also assisted not for profit organisations by undertaking a review of business protocols and recommending improvement opportunities.
Engaging with and serving on various Boards, Sam has gained the knowledge, understanding and expertise required to successfully communicate and maintain strong relationships with Board members.
Sam’s key strengths:
- Establishing efficient company startups
- Improving finance and accounting policy, procedures and systems
- Monitoring financial performance; provide strategic financial analysis to stakeholders
- Preparation of 5 yearly strategic plans
- Creating, monitoring operating and capital expenditure budgets and forecasts
- Cash flow management
- Preparing and co-ordinating group audit and statutory reporting
- Reviewing internal controls
- Creating efficient company tax structures
- Transfer pricing documentation
- Tendering, negotiation and management of contracts
- Negotiating debt funding and approvals with banking institutions
- International experience
Sam is a Fellow of CPA Australia and is a Graduate of the Australian Institute of Company Directors. He has been an executive director on various companies in Singapore and Malaysia.
Since 2017, Sam has held the position of Treasurer and Board Member of Infant Jesus School.