Vinod Dewan, Principal – Auckland
Vinod Dewan has 40+ years of practical experience from a mix of senior accounting management roles across a number of different industries as diverse as Manufacturing (Paper, Sugar, Soft drink bottling, Biomedical products, Tools and products for life science research and manufacturing), Logistics and distribution (Hospital consumables and pharmaceuticals), Services and Public sector in India, Zambia and Asia Pacific region (based in Auckland).
He has extensive and varied experience in financial management (financial accounting and cost & management accounting) and reporting as well as implementing processes to mitigate risks and to improve corporate governance and operational management.
Vinod’s approach is to be – hands-on, pro-active, have high energy levels, building relationships based on mutual respect and understanding of business dynamics, a problem solver, creating a collaborative environment and result oriented.
Vinod’s expertise and strengths are as:
- Finance function development – creating highly effective finance organization structures, shared services setup, managing multi-located teams, staff training, mentoring & development
- Development and implementation of Accounting policies & procedures and financial controls including SOX controls and testing
- Operational planning & management – significant experience in preparation and management of strategic plans & annual budgets, strong working capital controls and management, cash flow forecasting, financial modelling, audit preparation including completion of financial statements
- Transaction processing – record to report, month end close processes and on-time financial reporting – focus on data integrity and continuous improvements
- Cross country transfer pricing (tax compliance) – developing methodologies and monitoring segmented margins
- Activity based costing processes used for operational budgets and monitoring performances
- Corporate Governance with legal and ethical compliance for better management and risk mitigation
- Acquisitions and integration of respective functions
- Commercialization and divestures of business units
- Payroll, Banking, Legal & Insurance matters
Vinod is a graduate with a B. Sc.; Chartered Accountant; Cost & Management Accountant and member of Institute of Directors